Monday, February 4, 2008

Ixtapa, Mexico - South of the Border

It was another great week in paradise. I just returned from my 3rd trip down to Ixtapa, Mexico for the South of the Border Volleyball Vacation. Jeremy and I look forward to this trip all winter. It is a chance to meet up with old friends, make new friends, play volleyball, get a tan, and have some fun. I will be posting pictures on my website soon.

I am leaving this Wednesday for the Hot Winter Nights Tour. I will be playing in Omaha, Nebraska at the Qwest Center on Thursday night along with Holly McPeak, Jenny Kropp, and Angela Lewis. The men's competition will consist of Sean Rosenthal, Jake Gibb, Casey Jennings, and Matt Fuerbringer. We then travel to Rosemont, Illinois to play at the AllState Arena on Friday night. The last stop is in Bloomington, Illinois at the US Cellular Arena on Saturday night.

I am really looking forward to playing in the Hot Winter Nights. All the players that have participated so far have raved about how well this mini-tour is going. I am sure it will be great fun. I will tell you all about it when I return.

Holly and I started practicing a few weeks ago, but with all the traveling, we have yet to get into our routine. After this trip to the midwest, we will be home for awhile and then really start working. We are so anxious to get things going. We do not have a 2008 schedule yet, but hopefully we will get it soon. I will be sure to post it on my site when it is released.

I hope you all are getting excited for the 2008 season! I sure am! It is going to be a great year. The Olympic race will be heating up and the competition will be tougher than ever. Get ready!

I hope to see you at a beach somewhere along the way!

Angie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Angie
My wife Deb and I were fortunate enough to make the trip to Ixtapa this year and got a chance to meet you and Jeremy along with Jeff and Rene Nygaard. We had a great time and we were not alone.We heard the same from many of the people there. You guys are all great ambassadors for the sport of volleyball! Very easy to talk to, and very approachable for all of us there. I hope that more people take advantage of the Ixtapa trip in the future. I wish you the best in the upcoming season! Our best to Jeremy as well.

Angie Akers said...

Hi Dave! Thanks for writing! It was another really great year with such amazing people all around. We are so happy to be involved with the trip and will continue to go as long as we are welcome! I am so happy you and Deb had a great trip and I look forward to seeing you both next year!
Angie