Friday, July 3, 2009

5th Place at World Champs!

(Tyra and Angie celebrating a big win over Goller/Ludwig of Germany.)


I was extremely disappointed yesterday after our loss to Kessy/Ross, only because of the way sets two and three went down. We played extremely well in the first and then it all disappeared. I stewed in it for a long time and had trouble sleeping last night, but am now beginning to realize and understand that I can and will learn so much more from a loss like that to a team like that and it will only make me/me and Tyra better. That realization does not take any of the pain away, but it is helping me to move forward.





Don't get me wrong, I am extremely proud that in our second international event together, (my second FIVB ever), we finished 5th place overall. 5th place at World Championships...with all the very best teams in the entire world! Yes, I am very proud of that!





Now the tournament is down to three Brazilian teams and one American team. Jen and April play Ana Paula/Shelda to see who goes to the gold medal match. Go USA!





Now that this tournament is over for me and Tyra, we will take today off to recover. We plan to do our laundry, which has been piling up for 10 days now, do a little shopping, watch some of the matches, and then go to the player party tonight!





Our flight leaves at 8:30 tomorrow morning for Switzerland, so it will not be a late night for us. We go to Gstaad for one week. Canyon, our coach, is meeting us there, so we are very excited to see him again. It will be great to have him with us at this next Grand Slam event.





It is breakfast time, so I am going to sign off... but first I have to check AVP results from Day 1 of Coney Island! I am sure it was a great day at the beach and I look forward to hearing about it!

(I did not forget about posting the videos. It is not working right now for some reason. I will keep trying until I figure it out.)





All my best,





Angie Akers

No comments: