Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back to Civilian Life - THURSDAY - JULY 5, 2007

I am sitting in a Courtyard by Marriott Hotel business center writing right now. My 4th of July was spent flying from LA to New Jersey. I was picked up from the airport by my good friend, Vito, who runs the awesome, women-only athletic center, Aurora Fitness in Richfield, New Jersey. Vito took me to dinner and today will drive me down to Seaside Heights for our tournament.

We are finally back on a beach after playing so many parking lot events in a row. Our bodies will be happy again!

This has been a tough week for me to mentally get ready for this event. I returned from Kosovo where I had a life-changing experience. The reality of being home after that trip was tough. It was such an emotional time and to be brought back to preparing for an event seemed trivial. I worked through it the best way I know how: focusing on one thing at a time. Now that I am here in Jersey, I am excited to get back on the court and compete. This is a good lead into the Pan Am Games where we hope to bring home a medal. I leave straight from Jersey and will go to Washington for 2 days before leaving for Rio. Three weeks on the road, but the time will fly by.

I am trying to track down the website where you can follow our progress at the games. Once I find it, I will post it here and also on my website. I will make my best attempt at giving you a tournament recap before I leave, as well.

That is all for now. I have to go pack and get ready for the drive down to Seaside. I hope you all had a very happy and safe 4th of July.

Angie

No comments: