Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day 2 in Stavanger, Norway



Stavanger is beautiful! Tyra and I arrived late on Monday after our little flying fiasco. The worst thing that happened to us is that Tyra's luggage did not make it. I am sure it will be here in a day or two, but in the meantime, we have had to do quite a bit of shopping. Yes, yes...life is rough! We were forced to shop.

The weather has been phenomenal! We arrived with sunshine and today has been cool, crisp, and sunny. It really is a perfect day here. I took my camera with me when we first went out, but as I tried to snap the first picture, I realized that the battery was dead. I will charge it back up and start snapping on our next outing.

The tournament site sits right next to a port, Cruise Pier. Today an enormous cruise ship was docked right next to the courts. It would have been a great picture if the battery in my camera would have had a charge!
(The volleyball courts are to the left of the cruise ship. They wouldn't fit in the picture!)
Today we discovered the Norwegian strawberries! So so good! I ate an entire package myself! The flowers and fresh fruits here are really spectacular. All the flowers that I see here are ones that my mom has in her gardens back in Indiana. It reminds me of my momma!

We are heading out now to go practice and get dinner. Last nights dinner was a bit suspect. We thought we were ordering chicken, lamb, and beef at a Greek restaurant, but we are pretty sure that we were given reindeer. We asked and were told it was beef, but it was very gamey and didn't taste like beef! Hope it wasn't Rudolph! ;)

Pictures and video to come!!!

More later!

Angie Akers

1 comment:

Steve Koch said...

Thanks Angie, sounds like a great trip. Thanks for keeping us updated and good luck!